Founded in 1988, Stewart Investors run Worldwide, Emerging Markets, Asia-Pacific, European and Indian Subcontinent equity investment strategies. Stewart joined the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative in March 2022 and made its Initial Target Disclosure in July 2023.
Percentage of assets covered by the Net Zero Asset Managers Commitment Statement
100% of total AUM (USD $17.788 billion)
Information on interim target(s) covering the proportion of assets to be managed in line with net zero
173,701 tonnes of Co2-e (Scope 1 & 2)
8.9 tonnes of CO2-e per $m invested (Scope 1 & 2)
34% of companies with targets
43% disclosing emissions
• 100% of companies disclosing scope 1 and 2 emissions by 2025
• 80% of financed emissions covered by targets by 2025, 100% by 2030
• Engage with 100% of companies that are not disclosing adequately or that do not have targets.
• We will also engage with high-emitting companies where we believe they could be reducing emissions more quickly.
• 100% net zero financed and operational emissions by 2050
GHG scopes included:
Our targets are related to scope 1 & 2 emissions, we will consider the inclusion of investee companies’ scope 3 emissions when reviewing targets.
Net Zero Investment Framework
Our internal pathway is to reduce emissions as quickly as possible. Our targets are not derived from any top-down models as they don’t align with how we invest and are looking to decarbonise at a faster rate than the IPCC or IEA pathways.
Policy on coal and other fossil fuel investments:
We don’t invest in fossil fuel companies. Our position on harmful and controversial products and services.