Search our Signatories
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Triple Point

Triple Point is an Investment Management company creating investment opportunities to help address society’s biggest challenges. They joined the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative in December 2022 and made their Initial Target Disclosure in April 2024.

Initial Target Disclosure: April 2024

Percentage of assets covered by the Net Zero Asset Managers Commitment Statement

59% of total AUM (USD $2.17 billion)

Information on interim target(s) covering the proportion of assets to be managed in line with net zero



Temperature Rating:



Sectoral Decarbonisation Approach (SDA):

24.5 kgCO2e/m2




Temperature Rating:

Triple Point are committed to implementing the net zero target set by the lending businesses within TPIMs AUM. The target adopted by these businesses is to reduce portfolio scope 1 and 2 emissions temperature score by invested value from 2.92°C in 2021 to 2.40°C by 2028. A 2028 near-term target has been disclosed to comply with the corporate near-term SBTi target guidance methodology that we have followed for our corporate lending targets. The 2028 target set is consistent with delivering a fair share of the 50% global reduction in CO2 emissions by 2030. Beyond the 2028 deadline, we are committed to maintaining alignment with a 1.5°C scenario through 2030. This commitment entails ongoing monitoring and reduction activities after the target deadline year.


Sectoral Decarbonisation Approach (SDA):

Triple Point as investment manager commits to reduce its social housing portfolio emissions by 75% per m2 by 2035 from a baseline year of 2021. A near-term target date of 2035 has been set for our social housing portfolio, reflecting a goal consistent with achieving a fair share of the 50% global reduction in CO2 emissions by 2030. The modelled target reduction trajectory aligns with SBTi target guidance methodology and the 1.5°C scenario through 2030. Triple Point has undergone a two-year process to establish this near-term target for our social housing portfolio, selecting a 2035 target to enable the implementation of sustainable reduction activities, with a particular focus on the wellbeing of the vulnerable residents whose homes would be affected. Our strategy places paramount importance on collaboration with all stakeholders, actively fostering engagement with Registered Providers, Care Providers, and Tenants. This collaborative approach is essential for ensuring action which results in favourable outcomes for all parties involved while the timeline reflects that collaboration is a lengthy endeavour which will also be impacted by the external political landscape. We believe this 2035 target date is pragmatic, allowing us to achieve our near-term goals while fulfilling our broader fiduciary and tenant duties and aligned to a 1.5°C scenario through 2030.

GHG scopes included:

Triple Point Scope 3, cat 15: 43% of AUM (this 43% is a proportion of the 59% AUM which has been assessed to have a route to net zero); this represents 25% of total AUM.
We continue to work towards targets covering 100% of Scope 1&2 and Scope 3 over time and as pathways for all assets become available.


Science Based Target initiative for Financial Institutions


Science Based Target initiative temperature ratings are based on the CDP-WWF Temperature Rating methodology, considering scenarios in the IPCC Special Report on 1.5°C scenario database.

Additional information

Proportion of AUM committed:

Triple Point conducted a comprehensive carbon footprint analysis. 59% of total AUM in 2021 has been assessed to have a route to net zero. The remaining 41% of AUM currently lack a viable footprint or a clear science-based path to net-zero or we are not in a position to set a target due to influence. Triple Point are committed to using the SBTi methodology to develop net zero targets, which do not currently cover all asset classes or sectors on financial institutions portfolios. We continue to review the ability to increase this percentage overtime as new pathways are released.

Policy on coal and other fossil fuel investments:

In line with our commitments to reduce our financed emissions in line with a Science-Aligned Pathway, Triple Point does not invest in thermal coal activities. This exclusion covers projects associated with mining thermal coal, as well as in coal-fired power generation, as defined by the Science-Based Targets Initiative guidance. This commitment is included in our Responsible Investment Guide, applicable to 100% of TPIM AUM.