Vista Equity Partners Management, LLC
Vista Equity Partners invest across private equity, permanent capital, credit and public equity. Vista joined the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative in July 2021 and made its Initial Target Disclosure in November 2022.
Percentage of assets covered by the Net Zero Asset Managers Commitment Statement
92.8% of total AUM (USD $89.1 billion)
Information on interim target(s) covering the proportion of assets to be managed in line with net zero
1. Portfolio level: 2019 2. Portfolio company level: 2021.
All references to Vista’s portfolio companies include those in the private equity and permanent capital portfolio.
1. Portfolio level: Absolute GHG emissions (2019)1: 457,985 tCO2e
2. Portfolio company level: 0% Related disclosures:
1. The data includes a mix of actuals (66%) and estimates (34%). Data was estimated for portfolio companies that Vista exited or had minority-control, using full time employee count, revenue, and portfolio intensity data. Neither Vista, nor any of its affiliates, makes any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the 2019 Portfolio Emissions data (“Emissions Data”) contained herein. While Vista believes the Emissions Data to be reasonable under the circumstances, the data has not been independently verified. Vista has contracted with a nationally recognized accounting firm to complete a review and verification process of the Emissions Data which is currently in process. As such, until that verification is complete, the Emissions Data is subject to adjustment.
1. Portfolio level: 50% reduction of absolute emissions by 2030.
2. Portfolio company level: 100% of majority-control portfolio companies are aligning or aligned to net zero (i.e., implemented the Vista Climate Pledge) by 2030.
We are targeting 100% of our majority-control portfolio companies to be aligned to a net zero framework by 2030, by setting and achieving science-based GHG reduction targets and offsetting residual emissions annually. GHG reduction targets and offsetting activities will be aligned with well-accepted net zero methodologies such as the Science Based Target initiative (SBTi) and IIGCC.
GHG scopes included:
The baseline GHG inventory was conducted in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Standard. The data measured includes all portfolio company activities related to energy consumption and business travel (i.e., all Scope 1, 2, and Scope 3 category 6: business travel includes consumption related to air, rail, road travel, and hotel stays). The emissions are a mix of actual consumption data and estimated data from 68 portfolio companies in Vista’s portfolio in 2019. Data was estimated for portfolio companies that Vista exited or had minority-control, using full-time employee count, revenue, and portfolio intensity data.
1.5°C pathway (SBTi’s 1.5-degre cross-sector pathway)
Proportion of AUM committed:
Vista has currently committed USD $89.1 billion to be managed in line with net zero, covering 100% of the private equity and permanent capital portfolios. The AUM not covered include those from the credit and public equity portfolios. Vista Equity Partners total AUM $94 billion as of June 30, 2022
Policy on coal and other fossil fuel investments: